I like that the Alamo Drafthouse serves alcohol. Not because I drink alcohol (I don’t), but because this keeps out the children under 21 years old. I like that Alamo seriously enforces its No Talking and No Texting rules. I love that Alamo management actually kicked a woman out of the theater in June 2011 for texting during a movie. I wish this were done at every theater in Austin. I like that the Drafthouse Village has digital 4K projection and sound systems – movies look and sound amazing. The food and drinks are more expensive than what you’d find at a typical casual restaurant in Austin, but I think the price is worth it considering the overall atmosphere and experience.
Most Recent Posts
- Plant blast brings calls for oversight (Houston Chronicle, Apr 20 2013)
- Reblog: The Thong Cyclist – Austin’s Punxsutawney Phil -Forecasts an Early Spring
- Who Should Play Lance Armstrong?
- Weight. What?
- Blog Year-End Review
- It’s Not the End of the World
- Fili, Kili, Aidan and Dean
- An Unexpected Safety Message
- O mio babbino caro
Tags007 adorkable advertising animals austin by Rene Flores christianity corporate america daniel craig dating death of the english language dogs family floresphotos gay history hotness interwebs jan brewer jon stewart lady gaga lol lolcats maya memes Mitt Romney movies music NRA obama occupy ows Paul Ryan photography politics religion science skyfall star wars super bowl the daily show the hobbit tv twitter writing
- Just completed a 1 hr workout session with @GymPact! Join me: tw-AbsReneF.gym-pact.com! - 1 day ago
- I'm watching #startrekmovie with 956 others on #GetGlue getglue.com/movies/star_tr… - 6 days ago
- Just completed a 47 min workout session with @GymPact! Join me: tw-AbsReneF.gym-pact.com! - 1 week ago
- Just completed a 1 hr 2 min workout session with @GymPact! Join me: tw-AbsReneF.gym-pact.com! - 1 week ago
- I just met my Pact at @GymPact and received $1.20! Join me: tw-AbsReneF.gym-pact.com! - 1 week ago